Vegan fruity golden smoothie with fresh turmeric and Aloe Vera.
Dairy free golden smoothie with fresh turmeric, ginger, Aloe Vera gel, grapes, orange, carrot, cucumber, coconut milk and flavoured with mint and cinnamon. A perfect breakfast smoothie for weight watchers.
You don’t need to make juice of orange and carrot. Just use finely chopped or grated carrot and remove the skin and seeds of orange before using. Smoothie is enough sweet due to orange and carrot so you don’t need any sweetener.
You can get some more smoothie recipe here.
Turmeric is known for it’s healing compounds curcumin. Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Earlier I have shared turmeric shot recipe. Click here to get the recipe.
Here are some health benefits of the ingredients used in this smoothie.
1. Orange is high in Vitamin, C. Healthy immune system. Prevents skin damage. Keeps blood pressure under check. Lowers cholesterol. Controls blood sugar level. Lowers the risk of cancer.
2. Grapes are packed With Nutrients, Especially Vitamins C and K. High Antioxidant Contents May Prevent Chronic Diseases. Plant Compounds May Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer. Beneficial for Heart Health in Various Impressive Ways. May Decrease Blood Sugar Levels and Protect Against Diabetes.
3. Carrots health benefits includes supporting healthy eyes, a good source of antioxidants, supporting healthy heart, supporting health teeth and gums, treating wounds, improving brain health and cognitive functions, fighting cancer, supporting better digestion, maintaining youthful age, supporting healthy hair and skin and lowering the risk of developing diabetes.
4. Though commonly thought to be a vegetable, cucumber is actually a fruit.
It’s high in beneficial nutrients, as well as certain plant compounds and antioxidants that may help treat and even prevent some conditions.
Also, cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
5. Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties .Curcumin Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound. Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body. Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases.
6. Aloe Vera contains healthful plant compounds. Antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Accelerates the healing of burns. Reduces dental plaque. Helps treat canker sores. Reduces constipation. May improve skin and prevent wrinkles. Lowers blood sugar levels.
Now coming to the easy and simple recipe. Just combine everything and blend till the mixture becomes smooth. I don’t like the flavour of fresh turmeric so I have added cinnamon. Because of mint leaves and cinnamon you hardly notice turmeric flavour. If you want you can omit mint or cinnamon. But I recommend to use both for a lovely flavour.
Grapes – 1 cup
Orange – 1 large or 2 small
Carrot – 1, grated or finely chopped
Cucumber – 1, optional
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, optional
Fresh turmeric – 1/2 inch piece
Mint leaves – few
Lemon juice – 1 – 2 tablespoon or as require
Aloe Vera gel – 1 – 2 tablespoon
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
1. Peel and remove the seeds of orange. I have small oranges so used two oranges. If you have large orange then use one.
2. Peel and chop the cucumber. Taste before using. Cucumber should not be bitter.
3. Peel and grate or finely chop the ginger and fresh turmeric.
4. Combine everything, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and blend till smooth and frothy. Taste and add more lemon juice if require.
5. Pour in your favourite glass. You can add some ice cubes in the glass if you want.
6. Garnish with mint leaves, cucumber and lemon wedges. Serve chilled or in room temperature.
1. If you want sweeter smoothie omit the cucumber
2. If you don’t like cinnamon then you can skip it.
3. Add lemon juice according to your taste.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update