Korean rice or Korean egg fried rice.
Quick and easy to make one pot meal. If you have cooked rice ready then you can make it in a jiffy. You can use your leftover rice. Just fry the rice with egg, soya sauce, salt and pepper. And your delicious egg fried rice is ready.
Tasted it in a restaurant and loved the taste. It was a simple rice dish, no vegetable added but taste is awesome.
When our this week’s 152 #Foodiemonday bloghop members decided the theme Asian cuisine this Korean rice came first in my mind.
Browsed for the recipe and found the recipe of breakfast egg fried rice from My Korean Kitchen.
Loved the recipe. Very few ingredients, simple and easy recipe. So no more search, adapted the recipe. Tried and really happy with the taste.
You can add any vegetables like scallions, bell pepper, garlic etc.
But I love it simple only with eggs and soya sauce.
Recipe credit – My Korean Kitchen
Cooked short grain rice – 2 cup
Egg – 2 +1
Soya sauce – 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
Oil – 1 tablespoon +1 teaspoon
Salt and red chilli flakes to sprinkle
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or pan. Break an egg in the middle.
2. Cover and cook on low flame till set. Take out the egg on a plate. Sprinkle little salt and red chilli flakes and keep aside.
3. In the same wok heat remaining oil and break 2 eggs in it. Stir and add the cooked rice and soya sauce.
4. Mix well. Stir it for 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Top with the egg we fried and sprinkled with salt and red chilli flakes.
You can use 1 – 2 more eggs if you like
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update