Sugar free carrot bottle gourd fudge or barfi.
One more sugar free recipe for diet conscious people.
Why not serve some delicious sweets to diabetic people too? Diabetic people can also satisfy their sweet tooth. So make them happy with these guilt free sugar free barfi or fudge.
Contributing this post to 139 #Foodiemonday bloghop #healthydessert theme.
We all know that bottle gourd and carrot both have many health benefits. So today I am talking about only taste.
You don’t need to add any artificial sweetener in it.
Carrot and bottle gourd both have some sweetness. Dates and raisins are healthy option for natural sweetener.
So you can enjoy these delicious fudge without any guilt.
Diabetic people also have sweet tooth. They can also satisfy their sweet craving with these sugar free barfi.
Try and enjoy the delightful taste. You don’t need much ingredients to make it. Very easy to make yet delicious.
Grated carrot – 1 cup
Grated bottle gourd or lauki – 1 cup
Milk – 4 cup
Chopped Dates – 1/2 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
1. Soak date and raisins in hot water.
Grind to make a smooth paste.
2. Grease a plate with oil or ghee.
3. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add grated carrot and grated bottle gourd. Mix and cook on low flame. Stir occasionally.
4. Cook till all the moisture evaporate.
Add dates and raisins paste. Mix well.
Stir continuously and cook till the mixture dried up completely.
5. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into greased plate.
Level with a spoon or your fingers.
7. Sprinkle chopped pistachio over it.
Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Cut in your desired shape and serve. You can keep it in refrigerator for 5-6 days.
Stay tuned for more sugar free recipes.
1. If you want to make your barfi more sweet you can add 1 – 2 tablespoon date or raisins more.
2. You can use vanilla or any flavour of your choice instead of cardamom powder.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at