Wishing everyone a very happy new year. Have a great year ahead.
357th post and my first post of the year.
Thanks a lot to all my readers for your encouragement, love and support.
First day of the year so sharing a mouthwatering sweet recipe. Chocolate cardamom fudge or barfi.
One sweet with two different flavour and taste. One half is rose and cardamom and other half is full of chocolate flavour. Interesting isn’t it 😊
You may like some more fudge or barfi recipes on this blog.
This chocolate cardamom fudge is very easy to make and perfect for your parties or get together. Or make it to satisfy your sweet carving. Homemade is always best.
I have used homemade khoya and paneer. You can use store bought. Just grate before using.
Paneer or cottage cheese – 2 cup, crumbled
Khoya or dried milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Rose essence or rose water – 2 drop
Cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
Pistachios to garnish
Ghee to greasing the plate
1. Grease a plate with ghee or butter and keep aside.
2. Blend khoya and paneer in a blender. Get the khoya paneer recipe here.
3. Heat a nonstick or heavy bottom pan and add khoya paneer mixture and sugar.
4. Mix well and cook on low medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid sticking to the bottom.
5. When the mixture comes together and becomes like a dough remove from heat. Don’t make it too dry.
6. Let the mixture cool down.
Mix well and Knead with hand to make smooth.
7. Make two part of the mixture.
Add cardamom powder and rose essence or rose water onto the half portion. Mix well.
8. Add Cocoa powder into the other half portion and mix well.
9. On the greased plate spread cardamom and rose essence mixed mixture. Make a layer with a spatula or your hand.
10. Now spread Cocoa powder mixed mixture over it. Press gently with a spatula or your hand.
11. Sprinkle sliced pistachio over it.
Keep the plate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
12. Cut into your desired shape and serve.
Or store in refrigerator for later use.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.