A loaf made of soya granules or nuggets with some other ingredients like bread slices, milk, eggs, onions, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Sounds healthy and protein rich, isn’t it 😊
A perfect loaf for your breakfast or dinner.
You heard about meat loaf.
Meatloaf is a dish of ground meat mixed with other ingredients and formed into a loaf shape, then baked or smoked. The shape is created by either cooking it in a loaf pan, or forming it by hand on a flat pan. Source – Wikipedia
When our this week’s bloghop members decided the theme leftovers. I thought of my leftover bread pieces lying in the refrigerator. And here is a loaf for semi vegetarian people who can consume egg. Yes I didn’t try it without eggs. I don’t think it will taste much without eggs.
Sending this post to the #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #Leftovers.
A delicious loaf for your breakfast or dinner. Serve it with any sauce. I have made it with the ingredients whatever available in my pantry. I have wanted to add 1 – 2 spoon Worcestershire sauce but I don’t have it right now. And didn’t find it in my neighbouring shop. If you have you can use 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce for taste. I have used brown sugar in it but if you don’t have brown sugar add 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup.
Here is the method of making soft delicious soya loaf.
Soya granules or nuggets – 1 cup
Water – 1 & 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Bread slices – 4
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup tightly packed
Onion – 2 large, finely chopped
Tomato – 2, chopped
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt – 1 & 1/4 teaspoon
Oregano – 2 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Egg – 2
Brown sugar – 2 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup – 1/4 cup
1. Soak soya granules or nuggets in 1 & 1/2 cup hot water for 15 – 30 minutes.
2. Soak the bread slices or breadcrumbs in warm milk for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Grind the tomatoes. And keep aside.
4. Drain soya granules or nuggets and wash under tap water. Squeeze well and grind into a smooth paste. You can add little water to grind easily.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Fry till the onions start to change it’s colour.
6. Add ground tomatoes. Saute till the mixture dried up.
7. Add soaked, squeezed and ground soya granules or nuggets.
Saute till it dried up completely.
Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
8. In a large bowl mix soya, onions and tomato mixture, soaked bread, eggs, brown sugar, oregano, black pepper powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
9. Transfer the mixture in oil or butter greased loaf pan. Level the top with a spoon or your fingers.
10. Spread tomato ketchup over it. Spread evenly.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 40 – 50 minutes or till its done.
12. Let it cool down for 10 – 15 minutes.
Slice and serve with any sauce.
1. You can use parsley if you want.
2. You can add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce if you have it.
3. If you don’t have brown sugar add 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup instead.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at