Iced green tea with orange and mint.
Weather is too hot these days. We want some refreshing drink to stay hydrated and feel energized. So here is a delicious refreshing chilled drink . Make and keep it in refrigerator and enjoy whenever you feel low.
I have used orange juice but you can use watermelon, grape juice, pomegranate juice, mixed fruit juice or any other fruit juice of your choice. If you are using sugar use sugar syrup. Because sugar takes more time to dissolve. Or you can use honey or any artificial sweetener.
Our this week’s 153 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is tea. And my humble contribution is this chilled refreshing iced green tea with orange mint and cinnamon.
I don’t like milk tea. Love black or green tea without milk and very little sugar. But in this hot weather refreshing and chilled iced tea is a good option to cool us down. So get ready to beat the heat.
Flavour of orange, lemon and cinnamon made this drink super yummy. Just add lots of ice cube and enjoy.
Orange juice – 1 cup
Green tea – 2 bags
Mint leaves – a fistful, Finley chopped
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Water – 2 cup
Lemon juice – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon
Sugar syrup or honey to taste, optional
Ice cubes – as require
Few mint leaves and lemon wedges to garnish
1. Boil 2 cup water. Remove from heat and tea bags and cover for 10 minutes.
2. Now add chopped mint leaves and cinnamon powder.
Stir and let it cool down completely.
3. Keep it in refrigerator for at least least 2 hours or until chilled. Squeeze and discard the tea bags.
4. Strain the mint mixed tea with a sieve.
5. Add orange juice and lemon juice. Add sugar syrup or honey to taste.
If you like light sweetness omit sugar.
6. In a glass place some ice cubes and few mint leaves.
Pour iced tea over it.
7. Garnish with lemon wedge.
1. If you don’t like cinnamon then you can omit it.
2. You can also make it with black tea instead of green tea.
3. You can use watermelon, grape juice, pomegranate juice, mixed fruit juice or any fruit juice of your choice instead of orange juice.
4. You can use artificial sweetener instead of sugar syrup or honey.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update