Corn cottage cheese stir fry.
A delicious and easy to make side dish. Even if you don’t like paneer or cottage cheese, I am sure you will love the taste of this stir fry. Serve it as a side dish or make sandwiches with it, choice is yours. It will be lip-smacking in both ways.
I have used sweet corn with low calorie, protein and calcium rich paneer or cottage cheese.
What about sweet corn nutrition? Well, corn is packed with high nutrients which are useful for a human body in many ways. It ensures idyllic functioning of several internal systems such as cell generation and prevents constipation and various other digestive problems. It is a boon for diabetic people. This nutrient packed starchy snack is low in total fat and has no saturated fat, sodium or cholesterol. It is high in vitamin C and a good source of fiber.
A to Z challenge, a challenge initiated on Facebook Group, created by Jolly and Vidya. Wherein a group of bloggers come together and we choose key ingredients alphabetically to cook and post a dish every alternate month. I have missed A and shared the recipe of beetroot shot for alphabet B.
This month’s Alphabet is ‘C’ and I choose double C corn and cottage cheese. Interesting, isn’t it?
Try to make it and enjoy the lip-smacking taste. Recipe is very easy and you need only few ingredients. Corn, cottage cheese, onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli and tomatoes with salt, vinegar and sauce. And your dish is ready.
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Cottage cheese or paneer – 3/4 cup, cut in small cubes
Tomato – 2 medium, sliced
Onions – 2 medium, thinly sliced
Green chilli – 2 chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
Soya sauce – 2 teaspoon
Chilli sauce – 1 teaspoon
Tomato sauce – 2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Hard boiled egg to garnish, optional
1. Dry roast sesame seeds and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic, sliced onions and green chilli. Fry till the onions becomes translucent.
3. Add grated ginger and tomato. Saute till tomatoes become soft.
4. Now add sweet corn and cottage cheese or paneer pieces. You can also add sliced hard boiled eggs. See notes for options.
5. Add salt and black pepper powder. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Add soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar.
7. Saute till everything mixed well and dried up. Remove from heat.
8. Garnish with sliced boiled egg and roasted sesame seeds.
Serve hot with fried rice, or any bread. Or use to make sandwiches.
1. If you don’t like sesame seeds then you can omit it.
2. You can add sliced boiled eggs with corn and cottage cheese if you want for more eggy taste.
3. You can use capsicum, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli or any vegetables of your choice in it.
4. Use green chilli, chilli sauce and black pepper powder according to your taste. You can increase or decrease the amount of chillies.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update