Oats almond cranberry cornmeal cookies. Eggless and gluten free cookies.
Taste of butter and cranberry and flavour of nutmeg and vanilla made these cookies utterly butterly delicious.
If you are my regular reader then you know that I love to try different flour in my bakes. Already made some cakes and cookies with oats. And recently shared Cornmeal carrot cake
and Blackberry preserve stuffed gluten free eggless cherry cupcake.
This time I have used cornmeal in these cookies with oats and almond. Definitely a healthy and yummy treat for kids. But if you want you can use any flour instead of oats and cornmeal.
You may like some more gluten free cookies on this blog.
This week our 192 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is one spice ingredient suggested by Sasmita Sahoo Samanta who blog at First Timer Cook.
Do visit her space for some fabulous recipes.
Sasmita told us to use only one spice in a dish. But how could you make a dish with only one spice. And this theme reminds me of our humble aloo morich. Only dish which we make with one spice black pepper. But its a very common dish of Bengali household. And I wanted to bake something. So here is a delicious cookies with nutmeg. My home filled with pleasant smell while baking these cookies. Try out this and feel the aroma.
Oats – 1 & 1/2 cup
Cornmeal – 3/4 cup
Almond – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/3 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Unsalted butter – 3/4 cup, room temperature
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Dried cranberry – 1/3 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Grind the oats and almond separately into fine power.
4. Chop the dried cranberries into small pieces.
5. Sieve the cornmeal, baking powder, soda and nutmeg powder. Mix ground almond and oats in it.
6. In a bowl cream butter and powered sugar. Whisk well. Add vanilla essence and whisk again.
7. I have used 1 cup butter but then I had to keep the dough in refrigerator for a whole day. Because it was difficult to give shape. So use 3/4 cup butter or if you want to use 1 cup butter for more buttery taste then keep the dough in refrigerator for some extra time. Or don’t give shape, drop two tablespoon of dough in the baking tray 2 inch apart.
8. Add add cornmeal, baking powder, soda, nutmeg powder, cranberry, ground almond and oats.
9. Mix everything to combine. Keep the dough in refrigerator for 30 – 40 minutes.
10. Now make small balls and flatten gently with your palm.
11. Press with a fork and arrange on a greased or lined baking tray. Place the cookies 2 inch apart. Cookies will expand so don’t forget to keep space.
12. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or till the edges become golden brown. If you want more crispy cookies bake for few minutes more.
13. Let the cookies cool down completely before serving.
Store in a airtight container for later use.
1. You can use whole wheat, refined or any flour instead of cornmeal and oats.
2. Any dry fruits can be used instead of cranberry.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.