Fruity salad with corn, cucumber, and Parsley.
A perfect dish for this scorching summer. And a great way to feed kids fruit. A chilled bowl of this fruit salad is filling, delicious and easy to make.
You can use any fruit of your choice. I have used watermelon, pineapple and mango with sweet corn, cucumber, tomato and Parsley.
You can use grapes, banana, apples, kiwi, pomegranate, orange or any fruits you have. If you don’t like Parsley then you can use mint, basil, cilantro or coriander leaves or any herb of your choice. Mix salt and pepper. Drizzle lemon juice and serve immediately or keep in refrigerator and serve chilled. Enjoy a bowl full of chilled fruity salad.
You can get two more salad recipes here.
Our this week’s 149th #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #salad.
When all the members vote for salad, I thought of my favourite fruit salad. Yes I love it as lunch in this hot weather. You can adjust the pepper powder according to your taste. Use any fruit available in your pantry. Lemon juice, black salt and pepper powder will make your salad delicious.
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Cucumber – 1 cup, diced
Watermelon – 1 cup, scooped or cubed
Pineapple – 1 cup, diced
Mango – 1 cup, scooped or cubed
Tomato – 2, small
Black salt or rock salt – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
Chopped Parsley – 2 tablespoon
1. Chop the tomatoes in small pieces. Take only outer part. Remove the pulp or seed. Don’t discard, you can use it in the curries.
2. In a bowl add all the ingredients and chopped tomatoes. You can use halved cherry tomatoes if you want.
3. Add salt, pepper powder and lemon juice.
4. Mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add more salt, pepper and lemon juice if require.
5. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator and serve chilled.
1. You can use any fruit of your choice.
2. If you don’t have Parsley then you can use chopped mint leaves, basil, cilantro or any herb of your choice.
3. You can also use finely sliced 1 onion in it.
4. You can add chopped green chilli if you like your salad spicy.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at