Eggless gluten free chocolate chiffon cake.
A cake made with sorghum flour or jowar atta. Soft, moist, light, airy and chocolaty cake. You don’t need to separate egg yolks and whisk. Its very easy to make.
I have used sorghum or jowar flour in it. And very happy with the taste.
Sorghum, an ancient cereal grain that’s a staple crop in India and throughout Africa, has long been considered a safe grain alternative for people with celiac disease and gluten insensitivity. New molecular evidence confirms that sorghum is completely gluten-free, and reports that the grain provides health benefits that make it a worthy addition to any diet.
Sorghum has high nutritional value, with high levels of unsaturated fats, protein, fiber, and minerals like phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and iron. It also has more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates.
Our this week’s 143 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is millet. And my contribution is this eggless gluten free sorghum flour chocolate chiffon cake.
Sorghum or jowar flour – 1 cup
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk – 3/4 cup at room temperature
Warm milk – 1/4 cup
Instant coffee – 2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Powdered sugar to sprinkle, optional
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease a baking pan and dust with sorghum flour. Or line with parchment paper.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar in 3/4 cup milk. Milk should be at room temperature.
4. Whisk 2 teaspoon coffee in 1/4 cup warm milk and keep aside.
5. In a bowl sieve sorghum flour, oats powder, cornflour, baking powder, soda and cocoa powder.
6. In a large bowl whisk powdered sugar, oil and vinegar mixed milk.
7. Add coffee mixed milk and vanilla essence. Whisk again.
8. Now add all the dry ingredients gradually and mix well. Make a lump free smooth batter.
9. Pour the batter into the greased and flour dusted baking pan. Tap the pan gently.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Every oven take different time so check after 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean its done. If not bake for few minutes more.
11. Let the cake cool down.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over it. This step is optional. Cake will be delicious without it too.
12.Slice and serve. Or enjoy the soft delicious chocolate chiffon cake with ice cream.
1. You can frost the cake if you like.
2. You can use all purpose flour or whole wheat flour instead of sorghum flour.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at