Gluten free eggless multi grain pancake.
Pancake made with sorghum, finger millet, pearl millet, rice flour and flax seed powder. Stuffed with pizza sauce and cheese. But cheese is optional, you can also serve it without cheese and it will be delicious without stuffing too.
Recipe is very simple and easy yet delicious. Pack it for tiffin or serve in breakfast, it will be a nutritious and wholesome meal.
You can use any gluten free flour of your choice like soy flour or oats powder. If you don’t like ragi or finger millet, you can use soya bean flour instead.
You can get one more gluten free cheese stuffed pancake recipe here. And a black rice pancake recipe here.
I have used chilli flakes in it, you can use pepper powder instead or if you are making it for kids then you can omit the chilli.
You can add 1 finely chopped capsicum in the batter, I didn’t.
Jowar or sorghum flour – 1/2 cup
Ragi or finger millet – 1/4 cup
Bajra or pearl millet – 1/4 cup
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Flax seed powder – 1 tablespoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Pizza sauce – as require
Oregano to sprinkle
Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Grated cheese as require, optional
Water as require
1. Mix 1 tablespoon flax seed powder with 3 tablespoon water. Stir well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix sorghum, finger millet, pearl millet, rice flour, baking powder, chilli flakes, salt, finely chopped onion, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon oregano.
3. Add soaked flax seed powder and water as require to make a pourable but thick batter.
4. Make a lump free batter. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a nonstick pan or griddle. Lightly spray oil over it.
6. Pour a ladle full batter in the middle. Spread lightly.
7. Let it cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
8. Now flip and cook the other side.
9. Take out the pancake on a plate. Make another pancake like this.
10. When cooked from both sides spread pizza sauce over it.
11. Spread grated cheese over it and sprinkle oregano. You can also sprinkle pepper powder or chilli flakes if you want.
12. Cover with another pancake. Flip and cook for few seconds.
13. Make all the pancakes in this method.
14. Slice the pancakes with a pizza cutter or knife. But this step is optional.
Serve hot with any sauce.
1. You can also serve it without stuffing.
2. You can omit the cheese if you want. Spread only pizza sauce before serving.
3. You can add finely chopped capsicum or bell peppers in the batter.
4. Pepper powder can be used instead of chilli flakes.
5. You can omit chilli flakes or pepper if you are making it for kids.
6. You can use any gluten free flour like soya bean flour or oats powder.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update