Merry Christmas to all my readers in advance. May your Christmas season be filled with joy and light!
Eggless gluten free fruit cake.
Here is a fruit cake for vegan people. Its also gluten free. Made of Soyabean flour and oats and loaded with dry fruits. Dry fruits are not rum soaked. You don’t need to soak the dry fruits for long periods. Just soak in orange juice for overnight. The cake is spiced with star anise, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Cake is not dense due to Soyabean flour its super soft and moist.
Thanks to Paromita Nath for the spices and orange juice soaked dry fruits idea. Cake taste awesome. Every bite loaded with dry fruits and spices makes the cake aromatic.
I have already shared some more fruit cake recipes on my blog.
Eggless Christmas cake
Diet cake or fruit cake
Sugar free fruit cake with oats
Eggless fruit cake
I have used olive oil in it but you can use butter or any flavourless oil. You can use any flour like APF/maida or whole wheat flour/atta.
Soyabean flour – 1 cup + 3 tablespoon
Oats – 1/2 cup
Oil or butter – 1/2 cup
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup ( room temperature)
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Lemon zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Orange zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Orange juice – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar- 1 cup ( powdered)
Sugar- 3 teaspoon
Water – 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts – 1/4 heaped cup, chopped or broken into small pieces
Almond – 1/4 cup chopped or broken into small pieces
Raisins – 1/4 cup, chopped
Tutti fruity – 1/4 cup
Candied cherry – 1/4 cup, chopped
Pistachios – 1/4 cup, chopped
Walnut – 1/4 cup, chopped
Dates – 1/4 cup, chopped
Star anise – 1
Green cardamom – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – a small piece
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Some chopped cherry, sliced almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts and walnut for garnishing
1. Chop the dry fruits into small pieces.
And soak in orange juice for 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven at 180°.
3. Grease a cake pan with oil or butter. Dust with little Soyabean flour and keep aside.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with coconut milk and keep aside. Milk should be at room temperature.
5. Take a pan and heat it, spread 3 teaspoon sugar in the center, reduce flame to low. Don’t touch the pan or stir sugar.
6. When all the sugar has completely melted and become brown remove from flame.
7. Add 1/4 cup water and let it boil again. When it starts to boil immediately pour it into the soaked dry fruits. Mix well.
8. Dry roast star anise, cardamom and cloves. Let them cool down.
9. Grind altogether. Add oats and grind again. Make fine powder.
10. Sieve Soyabean flour, baking powder and soda. See notes for more flour options.
11. Drain out the orange juice from soaked dry fruits in a large bowl.
12. Mix 3 tablespoon flour in the dry fruits to avoid sinking at the bottom.
13. Mix lemon juice mixed coconut milk, oil or butter and powdered sugar with drained orange juice from dry fruits. Whisk well.
14. Add vanilla essence, lemon zest and orange zest. Whisk again.
15. Now add star anise, cardamom and cinnamon mixed oats powder mix and add Soyabean flour, baking powder and soda. Milk well.
16. Fold in the dry fruits.
17. If you are using bundit pan spread chopped dry fruits and cherry in bottom and pour the batter over it. Or if using loaf or any other pan first pour the batter in greased and flour dusted pan then spread the dry fruits over it.
18. Tap the pan gently to remove air bubbles.
19. bake in the preheated oven at 170° for 35 – 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check.
20. let the cake cool down completely before slicing. Cake will be super soft and moist so slice carefully.
1. You can use APF/ maida or whole wheat flour/atta instead of Soyabean flour and oats. Specially if you want your cake dense. Or make a combination of flour of your choice.
2. You can use apricot, figs or any dry fruits you have in your pantry.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update