Spicy pineapple virgin margarita.
A chilled delicious refreshing alcohol free drink.
Sweetness of pineapple, flavour of cumin and mint, hint of chilli and pink salt and tanginess of lemon makes the drink super yummy 😋
Pineapples are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants. They may help boost the immune system, build strong bones and aid indigestion. Also, despite their sweetness, pineapples are low in calories.
So you can call it a healthy drink. Diet conscious people can enjoy this guilt free delicious drink.
I made it with or without sparkling water. Both are superbly delicious. You can serve it as a party drink. I didn’t add sugar in it. But if you like you can add sugar or sugar syrup according to your taste. I love this drink with the natural sweetness of pineapple.
Pineapple – 1 heaped cup, chopped
Mint leaves – 7 – 8
Water – 1/2 cup
Black salt – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Chilli flakes or red chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
1. Blend pineapple and mint leaves with water in a blender.
2. Strain the juice with a strainer.
Add pink or black salt, chilli flakes or powder, cumin powder and lemon juice. Blend again. You can add some ice cube with it.
3. Taste and add more salt and lemon juice if require.
4. Rub lemon on the rim of the glass. Now dip the rim in pink salt.
5. Place some ice cube in the glass. Pour pineapple mixture over it.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve chilled.
1. You can add sugar or sugar syrup if you like.
2. I didn’t use sparkling water but if you want add it just before serving.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at