Sugar free dairy free eggless carrot cake.
A cake with whole wheat, soya bean flour and only 2 tablespoon oil. Sugarless and butter less diabetic friendly cake.
Sugar free yet delicious. Even you don’t recognise its sugar free. So its a perfect cake for diabetic and diet conscious people. Yes a guilt free treat for health watchers 😊
Diabetes is a global epidemic nowadays.
An estimated 285 million people worldwide are affected by diabetes.
Maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle is very important to control blood sugar level.
But we have to make something for diabetic people for their sweet craving. So tried this cake for them. A guilt free cake made with shredded carrot, orange, dates, walnuts and raisins. These ingredients made this cake enough sweet. So a cake with whole wheat flour, soya bean flour, carrot, orange, raisins and walnuts definitely a healthy option to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You don’t need butter to make it. I have used only 2 tablespoon olive oil in it.
Diabetic or diet conscious people everyone can enjoy this guilt free cake.
You can increase the amount of oil 1/4 to 1/2 cup if you want your cake more moist. Oil or butter provide moistness. But if you are making it for diabetic or diet conscious people don’t increase. The cake is delicious with only 2 tablespoon oil.
Whole Wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Soyabean flour – 1 cup
Chopped dates – 1 cup
Raisins – 1/2 cup
Chopped walnut – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Shredded carrot – 1 & 1/2 cup
Orange juice – 1 & 1/2 cup
Orange zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Carrot juice – 1/3 cup
Almond to garnish
1. Grease a cake tin. Dust with flour and keep it aside.
Preheat oven at 170° for 10 minutes.
2. Soak dates and raisins in hot water. Use water just to soak not too much.
Let it cool down and grind to make a smooth paste.
3. In a bowl sieve whole wheat flour, soyabean flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
4. In a large bowl mix oil, date and raisin paste, orange juice, orange zest and vinegar. Mix well.
5. Add all the dry ingredients gradually and mix well.
6. Add shredded carrot and mix.
Add carrot juice as require to make a thick but flowing batter.
7. Fold in chopped walnuts.
Pour the batter into the baking tin. Tap the tin gently. Garnish with almond.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Let it cool down completely before slicing.
Stay healthy stay happy!!
Happy baking 😊
1. You can make this cake with only whole wheat flour or refined flour or mix of both flour.
2. You can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup oil instead of carrot juice if you want your cake more moist. But if you are making it for diabetic or health conscious people don’t increase oil.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at